Monday, November 24, 2008

So I Wrote This Book ...

And it took me 9 weeks to get the first draft done. So far I'm a month into revisions. I'd never written a book before, but this just took a hold of me. Climbed on my back and wrapped it's arms around my neck and wouldn't let go until I had the story completed. Even now it still gets me out of bed after midnight to go fix that one line.

Now I'm working hard at finding an agent and getting published. Because I want to keep writing. It's like a drug. Going into my head and disappearing inside there where forty years' worth of daydreams and an overly active imagination have stored up stacks and stacks of characters and stories and places and times that are screaming to be told.

It's not that I don't like my day job - I do. And I'm good at it. But if I could get someone to pay me to write? That would be heaven on earth.

So, welcome to the blog. Thank you for stopping by.

No comments: